Thursday, June 23, 2011

June 23, 2011

To begin with I'm pissed because I went today to get the bracelet put on but they did not have one to put on me, despite knowing for a week that I was coming. With as much attitude as they could muster they told me to come back monday or wait for an hour and half while the only person capable of putting a different unit on returns from lunch in kentucky. Why would they schedule my appointment during her lunch, while she has left to kentucky, I don't know. Obviously it's a cottage industry, supported by the court system, and is ripe for abuse because nobody cares. So I ask for it in writing that I was there and they begrudgingly agree--it takes them a half hour to type up four sentences. I can hear them behind the door asking how to spell "apologize!" These are the fools whose jobs determine if I go to jail or not. Sure, some might say that I got myself into this mess otherwise I wouldn't have to deal with this shit. But what about those who have learned their lesson and are simply trying to repay their debt to society? After nearly $15,000 in fees and fines, 250 hours of community service, and a year of scram, when is enough enough? All I want to do is wear this thing for the time and put all of this behind me but they seem to make it as difficult as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment